PLAYLIST 007 SERIES 1 - GETTING TO KNOW YOUR NEIGHBOURS. CURATED BY JOHAN HUGO
Johan Hugo, known as The Viking to friends which is why we've taken the liberty to call him by this nick name.
We first met Johan about 10 years ago. The Swedish husband to our good friend Carey. We've seen him go though so many hair style changes since we've known him (mostly on his face :) He's a wicked producer doing some incredible work across Africa and beyond. A great friend and an inspiration to many. We knew he'd bring something a little different with his choice of playlist, we hope you love it as much as we do.
Music from The Heart for The Heart
1. In a few words tell us about yourself and what brought you to Margate.
We wanted to get out of London and our friend Stephen Moshi lived part time in Margate and kept telling us it was amazing. My wife Carey knew about margate a bit for me it was totally new and a leap of faith. This was almost 6 years ago now so before a lot of the things going on down here now..
2. Describe your perfect night out?
Summer in Margate, hanging at the sundeck in evening, doing a fire on the beach, swimming naked, lots of friends.
3. If you could choose any Cocktail to accompany your playlist, what would it be and why?
Probably a Margarita cause it’s about the only cocktail ill ever drink and works with he vibe.
4. What are the reasons behind your choice of songs for the playlist and (if applicable) how do they relate to you?
It's made up by the music i've been listening to the most during lockdown while building a suna in our garden
5. Who’s your musical icon?
Probably Rick Rubin
6. If you could be described as any Margate landmark what would it be!?
The sauna on main sands???
7. Most memorable moment and why?
A month before we completed on our house and moved to Margate my band The Very Best played at the Tom Thumb and it was amazing, and it was the night I realised that the move would be good. We met soo many amazing people that are good friends now. I think it was the perfect start to our Margate experience…
8. Tell us your First OR your worst album?
The first album i bought was Snap - The Madmann’s Return.
9. And finally, If you could be on lockdown with any 3 people who would they be? (other than who you live with now so as not to offend anyone!)
Oh all i need in lockdown is wifey and Granny.
Thank you Johan..We Love You!
Tune in next week and get to know another Margate neighbour that little bit better